Letter of Inquiry Deadline
October / November
Notice of Decision
1. Grants will be made only to an organization that provides a letter of determination issued by the Internal Revenue Service showing its status as a 501(c)(3) organization and not a private foundation as defined in Section 509(a).
2. The Foundation will fund capital, operating, and a limited number of endowment needs.
3. The Daniel and Susan Pfau Foundation normally does not award grant funding to support schools, with the exception of:
(a.) Grants to nonprofits or foundations that provide services in multiple schools (or within a system of schools) serving a significant population of disadvantaged students.
(b.) Individual schools with specified mission to serve disabled students
4. The Foundation usually prefers to participate with other donors in the support of a project.
5. A representative of the Foundation will, on occasion, visit or meet with the applicant organization to discuss the applicant’s program and needs.
6. The Foundation requires the grantee to report on project outcomes, comparing them to the outcomes projected in the application. The report should also state how grant funds were expended. Outcome and expenditure reports must be made annually until the entire grant has been accounted for.
7. Plaques, press releases, and other forms of publicity should be submitted to the Foundation for approval. Receipt of a grant may be disclosed to other prospective donors.
720 E. Pete Rose Way, Suite 120
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact: Lisa Davis Roberts